After eighteen months standstill (some things still had to be done in the house) I started dismantling the Landy in April 2009.
Actually I started this whole adventure by downloading and printing the repair operation manual, a good source for this is: www.landroverweb.com
I OCR-ed the files so they are searchable, now I can take the manual on the iPad or on the laptop and look up possible problems on the go.
The garage handbook, downloaded and printed. Used hundreds of times during the disassembly and rebuilding of the Landy
On April 18, 2009 the first part, the engine hood was off.
In further disassembly I found the usual repair items like door styles, galvanic corrosion (the adhesion of aluminum to steel) and rotted footrests.
And the rear beam had seen better days, the bolts had to be removed with the grinding wheel: